At the Truffle Melbourne Festival, we are working closely with Queen Victoria Market and the relevant authorities to ensure that everyone can safely enjoy all the decadence that truffles have to offer!
The following important information details how we’re keeping you, and Melbourne, safe through this event.
- Hand sanitising stations will be located at all entrances
- QR codes for contact tracing will be clearly displayed at all entrances
- Queueing system implemented at Peel Street for entrance to event
- Social distancing signage and announcements provided throughout the event
- Additional cleaning focused on high-use touch points - employing both proactive and reactive measures to ensure that high traffic surfaces such as tables and handles remain clean to minimise the spread of germs
- COVID-Safe marshals will be onsite to ensure everyone is doing the right thing
- There will be no shared condiments available from food vendors
- All stallholders have adopted an increased vigilance regarding food safety compliance, in addition to existing requirements for traders, to maintain high levels of sanitation for themselves and their stalls
- Customers are encouraged to make use of contactless card payments where possible and pack their own reusable bags.
Stall holders will:
- Have their own COVID-Safe Plan in operation
- Ensure that staff who are unwell do not work at the event
- Not offer or display tasting tables
- Not have any shared condiment bottles eg: sauce
- Place hand sanitiser at each stall
If you are feeling unwell, please do not come visit us.
We’d much rather you recover in the safety of your own home and get tested.
COVID symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Loss or change in sense of smell or taste
- Chills or sweats
- Shortness of breath
Some people may also experience headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
If you have any of these symptoms, however mild, you should seek advice and get tested. To get further advice, call the 24-hour Coronavirus Hotlineor your doctor.